Volunteers from all 50 US States, as well as other counties join together to make little dresses out of pillowcases. Some sew. Some donate. Some go to Africa, and some send others. With your help, LDfA gets to the children and distributes the dresses through orphanages, churches, and schools.
How LDfA Makes a Difference-
Our mission is to provide relief to children of Africa by distributing dresses to little girls, primarily in African villages but also other countries in crisis. Because of the widespread AIDS pandemic, little girls are often left to be the primary care givers of their young siblings. It is our hope that in delivering dresses to these young girls that a seed will be planted in their hearts, in the name of Jesus, that they are worthy.
Although clothing is needed, these little dresses also give us an opportunity to hold Bible classes, children’s camps and informal teaching sessions to increase their knowledge in nutrition, clean water, and sanitation and to promote good health and family skills knowledge.
How You Can Help-
- Donate: There is a basket to collect pillowcases in the foyer of the Hub.
- Sew: If you are interested in sewing the dresses please contact Barbara Friday at 704-860-4089 or email@example.com.
Check out littledressesforafrica.org for more information about LDfA.
Latest posts by Venture Church (see all)
- Venture’s 15,000 Easter Egg Hunt - March 28, 2019
- Full-Time Administrative/Finance Assistant Needed - March 22, 2019
- Venture’s 2019-20 Strategic Plan & Proposed Budget - March 20, 2019