Update: May 15, 2016
Yesterday Venture unanimously approved Jonathan Pugh as a Pastor in Venture who will also fill the newly formed part-time Student Pastor position on our staff.
Jonathan can be reached by email at Jonathan.Pugh@DareToVenture.org.
We are pumped to have he and his family on our team! His wife Jenifer is a teacher in the Gaston County School system and they have 4 children.
It appears God may be providing a path for Venture to impact Middle and High School students with the Gospel of Christ.
On May 8, 2016, the Trustees will propose that Venture amend its 2016 budget to add a part-time Student Pastor position. Members will vote on adding the position at the conclusion of all three worship gatherings.
If the measure is successful, we’ll operate on the following timeline:
- Monday, May 9: Introduce a Candidate
The pastors will email the testimony, resume and bio of the person they recommend to fill the position.
- Wednesday, May 11, 6:30 – 8PM: Meet & Greet
Students and their parents or guardians can meet the potential Student Pastor and his family, hear his vision for student ministry and ask questions.
- Sunday, May 15: Vote on the Candidate
Pastors will formally present the candidate for a vote at the conclusion of all three worship gatherings.
Over the past few years the enormous expense of moving into The Hub as well as other financial factors inhibited us from considering any additional paid staff. In addition, we felt led to 2 seemingly impossible criteria before moving forward with a part-time student pastor:
- Somebody who was clearly qualified for a full-time position, but was intentionally looking for part time work.
- The candidate needed to be in the unique financial position of looking for a part-time student pastor job as their primary employment, not a secondary job.
Over the last few months the pastors have gotten to know an individual who meets the above criteria. More importantly, he appears to meet the family, spiritual, theological and leadership criteria.
A formal interview process has already begun. Because we’ve been getting to know him, we feel very likely that we can finalize our recommendation shortly after the church approves the position.
We are excited about the potential opportunity in front of us. Please begin praying now for God to make His will in this abundantly clear.
Let’s Go Man Go!
Lead Pastor, Venture
Latest posts by Venture Church (see all)
- Venture’s 15,000 Easter Egg Hunt - March 28, 2019
- Full-Time Administrative/Finance Assistant Needed - March 22, 2019
- Venture’s 2019-20 Strategic Plan & Proposed Budget - March 20, 2019