Make a difference in your community while encouraging a child to reach their full potential.
Spending just one hour a week with a child can help build self-esteem, provide positive role models, enhance communication skills, uncover hidden strengths and improve academic performance. A little bit of your time makes a huge impact.
This Sunday, Valerie Yatko will share how you can become a mentor with Gaston County Schools. To qualify, you just need to:
- Register Online at GCS and Pass a Background Check
- Attend a One-hour Training Session
- Meet Up to One Hour Each Week with Your Assigned Student
The GCS mentoring program needs volunteers for all schools. For more information, please contact the GCS Partnership Office at 704-866-6329 or visit their website.
To learn more about the impact mentoring can have on a student, visit www.mentoring.org.
Latest posts by Venture Church (see all)
- Venture’s 15,000 Easter Egg Hunt - March 28, 2019
- Full-Time Administrative/Finance Assistant Needed - March 22, 2019
- Venture’s 2019-20 Strategic Plan & Proposed Budget - March 20, 2019