Modern Worship Church Coming to Lincolnton, NC
Over 75 people joined us for the first Lincolnton Campus meeting on April 11th. We’re so excited to see this vision to launch a modern worship church campus in Lincoln County coming together!
The following list will help answer any questions you may have about what we’re doing and why. If you have further questions, please feel free to contact us.
Who is Venture Church?
Venture is a local church made up of followers of Jesus from all over Gaston, Lincoln and Cleveland Counties.
Our mission is to engage those far from God with the Gospel of Jesus Christ to know and follow Him.
Venture’s Vision is to be a true local church movement that leads our region and the world to know and follow Christ! That vision begins with the neighborhoods and towns where the people of Venture live.
Venture does not have membership. We have partnership. We partner together for two reasons:
- To encourage each other to know and follow Christ and as such enjoy living in the amazing eternal life that only He provides!
- To help equip each other to engage those far from God with the Gospel of Jesus Christ to know and follow Him!
Why is Venture launching satellite campuses?
The purpose is to provide local gathering and scattering points within a 20-minute drive of the homes of those involved with Venture, in order to maximize their ability to more effectively gather with other believers in their community and scatter the Gospel to those far from God in their sphere of influence. The vision is to truly function as one church that is all in laboring together with a unified mission and vision to change our world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ!
Why is Venture wanting to launch a Lincolnton satellite campus? – Over the last few years Venture has seen tremendous growth in people who live in Lincoln County. There are currently over 540 people in the Venture database with a Lincolnton address. It is by far the largest number of people outside of a 20-minute drive to the Dallas campus.
What’s the vision for a satellite campus in Lincolnton?
In short, the same vision we have for our gathering in Dallas… just in Lincolnton!
The Venture @ Lincolnton Campus would provide a local gathering point for believers affiliated with Venture Church in Lincoln County to:
Be encouraged, matured and spiritually transformed by the preaching, teaching and singing of His Word.
Build relationships with other believers to inspire and equip each other to know and follow Christ.
The Venture @ Lincolnton Campus would provide a local launching point for believers affiliated with Venture Church in Lincoln County to:
Engage those far from God to the Body of Christ and the proclamation of His truth.
Work together to strategically serve needs in Lincoln County that tangibly demonstrate the Love of Christ.
Partner with all in Venture Church through prayer, the sharing of resources, vision, leadership and labor to reach those far from God in Gaston, Lincoln and Cleveland County as well as unreached people groups around the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ to know and follow Him!
What does Venture @ Lincolnton look like practically?
Live Preaching of God’s Word. The Lead Pastor will be in person at Lincolnton at least once a month.
In-person Live Modern Worship Music… what we do! Venture is constantly developing talent in music that will serve all of Venture Campuses.
Life Groups. Traditional home groups as well as alternative groups (women’s groups, men’s groups, hiking groups, horseback riding groups, etc.).
Local Pastors (Paid and Nonpaid) and local support staff to help equip the body for the work of the ministry.
The initial launch will at minimum include a Campus Pastor who will focus totally on mobilizing, equipping and serving the volunteer leaders and pastoral needs of the Venture @ Lincolnton campus. He will be an Elder in Venture Church but will live in the Lincolnton area. He will be a part of the weekly staff meeting of Venture Church as well as the monthly pastor meetings of Venture Church but his daily responsibility will be to lead and oversee ministry in and from Lincolnton.
- Lead Life Groups
- Lead and serve in a Nursery for worship gatherings.
- Lead and serve in a Preschool for worship gatherings.
- Lead and serve in ministry to Elementary age students (whatever the best method is for Venture @ Lincolnton)
- Lead and serve in ministry to Middle School and High School age students (whatever the best method is for Venture @ Lincolnton)
- Greeters who seek out and engage with new people attending worship gatherings.
- Ushers help people find a seat, especially guests.
- Parking attendants who help people find parking and look to meet first time guests.
- Media volunteers who want to help operate the various media components in worship gatherings.
- Building and grounds volunteers to help with maintaining a functional and clean gathering space. (could include set up and tear down if we have to lease a facility).
NEXT STEPS! – If I’m interested, what can I do next?
- Get in a Venture Life Group! Contact Jonathan.Pugh@DareToVenture.org
- Start attending worship at our Dallas Campus OR host a weekly gathering of a Venture Church Online worship gathering in your home.
- Start volunteering on a ministry team at our Dallas campus to learn how to do it in Lincolnton.
- Work with Jonathan Pugh to start a new life group in Lincoln County!
- Financially support Venture – this is going to take dollars!
- Pray for a location for Venture @ Lincolnton to gather.
- Watch for Venture hangouts at various locations in Lincolnton. (The next one is in late May. Stay tuned for more info!)
For updates about our plans to bring a modern worship church campus to Lincolnton, visit our Venture @ Lincolnton page.