God demands righteousness, but we can never erase our own sin. So, what bridges the gap between God and man?
Christ: The Work of Grace
Christ’s work, not ours, is the only work by which we can be made righteous. (Romans 3:21-22a)
Christ’s work is the gracious payment of our failure to meet God’s righteous expectations. (Romans 3:22b-26)
Christ’s work is why God’s grace is just. (Romans 3:25b-31)
- It provides salvation to people before and after Christ. (3:25b-26)
- It provides salvation to people with or without the Mosaic Law. (3:27-31)
How much do you truly appreciate that Christ has paid the price and created the bridge of Grace? We don’t earn God’s favor but if we truly believe it is Christ’s work that has suffered the wrath of God on our sin, then something should be leaping forward out of our faith that sincerely proclaims our gratitude for the bridge that He has made for us?
Related Discussion Guide: The Bridge to Grace
Latest posts by Venture Church (see all)
- Fill Your Baby Bottle to Support Crisis Pregnancy Center - May 10, 2019
- Venture’s 15,000 Easter Egg Hunt - March 28, 2019
- Full-Time Administrative/Finance Assistant Needed - March 22, 2019