Bible Passage: Romans 15:1-13
Austin & Jonathan discuss how the church is supposed to work together in unity. In-depth discussion of Romans 15:1-13 from Venture Church.
Main Point: God has called for His church to be unified. We are dishonoring God when we refuse to worship and work together in the fundamentals of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- Are denominations bad?
- You seem to be preaching ecumenism. Is that true?
- Has ecumenism largely been a failure?
- As someone with a history in the Baptist church, what does it actually mean when you called yourself a Baptist?
- Is non-denominationalism just another form of denominationalism?
- In light of the number of heresies and deficient theologies in the world, Is it a good thing or a bad thing to identify with a particular label in Christianity?
- What are some of the most ridiculous church fights/splits that you have seen or heard about over the years?
- What are legitimate reasons for Christians to break fellowship with other Christians in a church?
- Do you remember the Conservative Resurgence in the SBC? How do you respond to people who say that it was a divisive movement?