The Test of Genuine Faith
2 Corinthians 13:5
1. Are you saved? How were you saved?
Romans 10:13-15a ; Ephesians 2:1-7. 2.
2. Do you understand salvation in terms of bestowed righteousness and reconciliation?
2 Corinthians 5:18-21.
3. Are you in Christ? What is the evidence of being in Christ?
2 Corinthians 5:17
4. How did you come to be in Christ?
1 Corinthians 12:13
5. Do you know what it means to be filled with the Spirit?
Ephesians 5:18; Galatians 2:20
6. What is the evidence of being filled with the Holy Spirit?
Acts 1:8; I Corinthians 12:16-25 ; John 17: 20-23
Genuine faith is verified by a biblical experience of salvation wherein one is made righteous and reconciled to God. The reconciled are baptized into a union with Christ and His body (the Church). The Christian family must always be being filled with the Spirit to manifest evidence of their spiritual gifts which will strengthen and empower the fellowship of the body of Christ. The outcome will be a united expression of the love of God whereby the world will know Christ has come (John 17:23).
When you are doubting and down remind yourself of who you are in Christ; worship God for reconciling you and making you as righteous as Christ; start speaking to yourself in psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs which will soon spring from a heart of praise. Then make sure you fellowship with the family of God and tell them how much you love and need them.